OUR FIRST FIVE
1. Helping people MOVE from where they are to where God wants them to be.
1. The Art of NEIGHBORING: Loving our neighbors demonstrates our love for God. The gospel will flourish when we B.L.E.S.S. others well.
Begin with prayer
Share your story
2. The Heart of Church PLANTING: As one church, we are a context sensitive, missional movement of related communities, collaborating together, sharing resources and gospel strategies throughout the Austin region.
1. PRESENCE: Believing God is present and active among us.
2. RELATIONSHIP: Loving people well and practicing our faith as a community.
3. MISSION: Living out the gospel wherever we are by blessing, serving, mentoring, and sharing Jesus with others.
1. Psalm 68:4-6 (NIV) Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is the Lord. 5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. 6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
We want people to BELONG, BELIEVE, and BECOME all that God wants them to be.
2. John 17:20-21 (NIV) “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Jesus’ prayer for us: COMMUNITY AND COMMISSION.
3. Luke 15:4-9 (NIV) “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
A church with A PERPETUAL PARTY.
4. Ephesians 4:15-16 (NIV) speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
We’re committed to SPEAKING THE TRUTH IN LOVE
1. WORSHIP: Gathering people to worship God, share vision, receive communion, and teach the Scriptures.
2. BELONG: Creating relational community in small groups, where spiritual growth, emotional health, and personal discipleship can take place.
3. SERVE: Serving others with our spiritual gifts, abilities, and talents so that the church is healthy, needs are met, and the community is helped.
4. GIVE: Forming a generous culture through the biblical practice of “tithes and offerings,” for church strength, planting, mission, and benevolence.
5. GROW: Prioritizing the goal of investing in others, mentoring, coaching, and spiritual formation as the focus of all ministries at One Chapel.